Monday 26 May 2014

Vegan Fusili Bolognese

Vegan Fusili Bolognese
Vegan Fusili Bolognese
 Being that it is now freezing and gloomy outside in my part of the world, I have had quite a hankering for pasta Bolognese. I always think of it as the perfect food to warm me up on a not so cozy evening. I never buy this stuff on a normal trip to the market- but for this dish, I am very glad that I did. It makes a great (although very tomato-y) Bolognese sauce in mere minutes.
Mmmm… thank you Bologna.
Bolognese Sauce (not necessarily authentic) ~ Vegan & Gluten Free
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup pasta (of ur choice,I choose FUSILI)
  • 1 bouillon cube (I used no chick’n)
  • 1 tsp fennel seed
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
  • 1 cup Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP)
  • 1/3 cup red kidney beans
  • 12 oz tomato paste
  • 1/2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tsp salt
  • dash- 1/2 tsp each of dehydrated red bell pepper, dehydrated onion, oregano, basil
In medium sized saucepan, bring 1 cup water, bouillon cube, fennel seed and crushed garlic to a boil. Remove from heat and add TVP.
Return to med-low heat and add in tomato paste, olive oil, 1/2 cup water, almond milk, salt, and spices. Cook about 1 minute and then reduce heat to low, simmering until hot. Be sure to stir occasionally as you cook it to prevent any sticking to the pot.
Serve over your favorite pasta. I like tinkyada, in pretty much any variety. After cooking pasta and rinsing quickly with cold water, I return the pasta to the pot I cooked it in and add about 4 tbsp olive oil and lightly salt.
So easy! So good.
Vegan Fusili Bolognese
Vegan Fusili Bolognese

No comments:

Post a Comment