Wednesday 7 May 2014

Mysore Bonda with Curry Leaves Chutney

Mysore Bonda with Curry Leaves Chutney
Mysore Bonda with Curry Leaves Chutney
I think most of u can prepare bonda/bhaji very easily ..But for me, making bhaji and bonda  is always an achievement  . I suck in making these.So i am always afraid to try even with readymade bhaji/bonda mix..Yesterday I Prepared this  bonda for the first time.Usually i make only vada with urad dal . My Mom suggested me to try this bonda ..It came out excellent ..Thanks to my Mom , i learnt an yummy,easy snack .This gave me a confidence to try bhaji and bonda varieties soon Tongue out..I served it with Curry Leaves chutney which you can check under "Chutneys" label.
INGREDIENTS :
  • Urad dal – 1/2 cup
  • Green chilly – 1 no (optional )
  • Pepper corns – 1 – 2 tsp (slightly crushed )
  • Curry leaves – A few (chopped)
  • Coconut pieces – 1 handful ( small in size)
  • Coriander leaves – Few (chopped)
METHOD :
  • Soak urad dal for 30 mins .Grind using very little water along with salt and green chilly.
  • Now add the chopped coconut pieces , curry leaves ,coriander leaves and slightly crushed peppercorns..
  • Mix well and make sure the batter is thick.If it is watery add little rice flour.
  • Now heat the kadai with oil and fry these bondas in batches.
Serve hot !!

No comments:

Post a Comment